Friday, October 1, 2010

TC 10 Mile... here I come!

Ummm... Do they allow segways on the race course??

Sometimes I wonder why I do what I do. Like back in May when I didn't get a guaranteed entry into the TC 10 Mile after running the TC 1 Mile, I was bummed, and wanted IN. In July I entered the lottery and lo and behold... I got in! Now it's here... in one day... and I am less than three weeks out from Ironman. What was I thinking? I have been able to run, but I am still extremely slow and I feel no where near recovered enough to 'race'. It's not like I set land speed records in running races anyway, but I always like to push it and shoot for a PR. I'm trying to accept my 'not up to par' state and am still going to show up and do it as a fun run. The real fun will be AFTER the race when I can bundle up, (it'll be PERFECT marathon weather on Sunday, nice and COOL!) get a warm cup of coffee, and CHEER on all my friends running the marathon! Can't wait for that part of the day! :)

This is the least I've trained for a race, EVER. I'm going in with the fact that I must have some sort of base left over from the last 10 months of Ironman training. Right?? :|

1 comment:

  1. The base is there....less is more...you'll be able to enjoy your run even more since youve trained the least!

    Derek

    ReplyDelete