Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Race Report - TC 10 Mile.

I finished the TC 10 Mile! (There's that exclamation point that implies positivity.) :)

For starters... I have now come to terms with it, I have had a ROUGH running year. There are never great running years for me, but this one was especially bad when I was hoping for it to be the best yet, simply due to all the hard work I put in. I know when it all fell apart too, when I developed plantar fasciitis in my foot back in early spring. I ran through it for a couple of weeks until it got really painful then I finally went to the doctor to get it checked out. He did fix me up (thanks Dr. Folske at Folske Spine & Rehab Clinic!) but that was after taking a few weeks off of running. I substituted biking when I had runs scheduled. I was happy to be able to get all of my scheduled weekly training hours in, but biking and running are not the same. Only running helps running. Especially when running is your weakest of the three sports. I've only had a sports related injury one other time in my life and that was way back in my junior year of high school swimming. I guess you can't expect to be injury free your entire life, but hopefully my foot continues to heal and I won't have to worry about any injuries for another 15 years.

Nonetheless, I ran the TC 10 Mile and I had a great time. I felt pretty sluggish and slow body wise, but mentally I was just fine. I could have run for much longer, but was very glad when that finish line showed up. :) I love the course and the day was BEAUTIFUL; you couldn't have asked for better running weather in my opinion.

The highlight of the day was cheering for all of my friends and teammates who ran the marathon. Everyone did absolutely amazing. There were PR's set all over the board! I had lots of fun and was very grateful (and somewhat jealous, as I have yet to ever run a marathon in temps under 85 degrees) of the perfect day everyone had.

Here's a pre-game shot of us in the dome, and a post race shot next to "The Beast"!
 

2 comments:

  1. Nice jacket :) It was a beautiful day and I love the 10 miler alot! But I didn't do it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great day !!! even tho you have battled thru the injury you have done some races including THE race and it sounds like you are on the mend.

    -Derek

    ReplyDelete