Sunday, October 24, 2010

The "haps" as of late...

I have officially come down from the Ironman high. We started XP2 last week which is P2's cross training/low intensity program that will run through the end of November. It feels good to be back on a schedule. I was lost there for a month not having a set plan to go off of. I had gotten so used to that, so feel like I NEED it now.

Something I thought was cute were the comments on my coach's website. He posted results of all of his team who competed in Ironman Wisconsin. Here was mine:


How true. I smiled A WHOLE helluva lot that day. How could I not?? Actually, I could have not, due to the 112 mile headache, the blisters, the debilitating leg cramps, but when it came down to it none of that really mattered. I was out there and I was doing it, and I was SO HAPPY about it! I am glad others noticed my joy that day. :)

Although I love having a training schedule again, it doesn't require I give up 4-8 hours every weekend day anymore. I have time for other things (a life outside of Ironman!? What is that?) which is so nice. Unfortunately, the next few weeks those 'other things' will be working, but last weekend I was able to get out for a bit!

Stacy is part of the 'MN Challengers Club'. Just as the name implies it is a group of Challenger owners who all get together for various events, like car shows and cruises. We cruised through SE MN last weekend and it was a beautiful day for it. Close to 17 Challengers were out that day and some even came from as far as South Dakota!

Here's a few pictures from that day. A whole lotta horse power comin' atcha...

2 comments:

  1. Nice Rides!
    And great to be back on a schedule again...

    Derek

    ReplyDelete
  2. car clubs always remind me of Saturday morning rides out of Afton into Wisconsin. I never knew there were so many different car clubs! I've been passed by mini's and those saturn convertibles and Audi TT and of course the corvette club but never the chargers! It's fun to see people out on Saturday morning persuing their hobby even if it is different than mine...and I always wish I had some of their horse power on some of those climbs :)

    ReplyDelete