Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Race Report - MinneMan!

The MinneMan sprint triathlon was last Saturday, and it was indeed "Minne"! The distances were a 1/3 mile swim, 13 mile bike, and a 3 mile run. The 1/3 mile swim turned out to be more like a 1/4 mile. I hardly got into my groove and we were heading out of the water. I know a majority of the field didn't mind a short swim, but with that being my strongest event, I always want more swim! Overall, it was a great race. It was well organized, had a flat and fast course, had great volunteers, great door prizes, and great medals!

Signing up for MinneMan was somewhat of an impulse buy. I had heard great things about this race, but when I found out a good friend of mine, M, was going to do MinneMan as her first Tri EVER, I had to be there for it. I had just been planning to cheer for her, but thought I might as well sign up once I saw that registration was still open. She ended up doing awesome; she won her age group in the novice division!

I placed 1st in my age group and ended up being 19th woman overall. This was my first age group win ever. I know that would have made my dad proud. :)

Here we are with our gold medals.

This was my first race wearing my Aquaphor gear so that was cool. I had a few people cheer "Go Aquaphor!" It's kind of fun to be labeled when it gets people cheering for you.

This next weekend is going to be a big training one. Century ride number two of the season with a long run afterwards. This weekend's workouts will be drastically different from last weekend's one hour (plus) race! Not too much longer and we'll be starting our taper. It's nearing the two month mark until the big day!

Congrats again to M on her amazing 'rookie' finish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment