Friday, May 28, 2010

Back from Colorado and feeling good!

Last week was a whirlwind of a “vacation”. I’ve never been on a trip just for the purpose of training so that was really cool. Here is the schedule we followed for the 4 days we spent in Manitou Springs, CO.

Wednesday PM: 30 min. run on Bear Creek Canyon Trail

Thursday AM: 2 hr. run up and down Rampart Range Road
Thursday PM: 2 hr. bike around Garden of the Gods

Friday AM: 3 hr. bike around Colorado Springs
Friday PM: 2.5 hr. bike UP Cheyenne Mountain and down on Gold Camp Road, 30 min. run in Garden of the Gods

Saturday AM: 2 hr. run up and down Pikes Peak!
Saturday PM: 1.5 hr. run around Rampart Range Reservoir (at 9,500ft.!), 30 min. bike in downtown Manitou Springs

Sunday AM: 2 hr. bike hill repeats on Gold Camp Road, 30 min. run in downtown Manitou Springs

This totaled 17 hours of training in 4 days! Wow my legs were sore on Monday. This entire week totaled 22 hrs. of training, which is my most thus far. That’s nuts when I think about it. Averaging that out means that every day I trained for at least 3.14 hours. Nothing ceases to amaze me anymore with P2, and I love it!!

I won't get into the disgusting details (ok, maybe I will just a little) on how my first night in CO, after my dinner was placed in front of me, I proceeded to sprint to the bathroom to rid all of my insides. The next few hours were about the same up until I was able to fall asleep. Getting so sick made Thursday's schedule rough. It made me realize how much you NEED food in order to fuel your body to perform. I had nothing in the tank. Each day was progressively better, thank GOD, and by the last day I was finally feeling back to 'normal'. Just in time to head home! I am not sure if I had a bout of altitude sickness or food poisoning, but it was ugly and I never want to get that sick ever again. Makes me all the more proud that I made it through the toughest week yet.

Pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment