Friday, May 21, 2010

Performance POWER!

I have yet to mention WHO is actually coaching me this season and helping me reach my dream of becoming an Ironman. I train with a triathlon team called Performance Power, or P2, which is coached by Matt Haugen. Matt's coaching and athletic resume is truly incredible! Check it out: http://tri.tc/About.html

Training with Matt and this team has been one of the most amazing experiences on my Ironman journey so far. The team aspect of triathlon training is like no other. Being able to train up to 5 days a week with a group of people who share the same goals and interests is truly priceless.

This week my experience with P2 has gotten even more amazing. We are currently training in Colorado Springs, CO! This is the 4th year Coach has put on this training camp which is all about testing our strength and stamina. This morning we biked all around Colorado Springs, then for our afternoon workout we climbed UP Cheyenne Mountain on our bikes. Tomorrow morning we will be running UP Pikes Peak, then in the afternoon running around Rampart Range Reservoir. Completing this training camp will be a huge confidence booster. I know if I can make it through this week, come Ironman day, the hilly Madison bike course won't seem bad.

More to come on the Colorado trip when I return... and once I can peel myself out of bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment