Friday, September 10, 2010

Less than TWO days until race day!

Well, I am here in Madison, WI. I'm all checked in, got my timing chip and gear bags, got a few easy workouts under my belt, purchased a couple of things from the Ironman store, and am now just taking everything in and relaxing. Tonight we have the mandatory athlete meeting, where I'll get to see 2000+ Ironman hopefuls fill up a room. Should be fun!

On race day you can follow along here: http://www.ironman.com/ or http://www.ironmanlive.com/. You may need to poke around to find Ironman Wisconsin race day coverage. You can then enter in either my last name, Meier, or my race number 2474, to track my progress throughout the day.

I am not going to make public any time goals I have for any of the splits throughout the day, because my #1 and ultimate goal is to finish.

Here's a shot of my gear bags and my race number, with my name on them. Cool!
Also, this is the finish line arch (not setup quite yet) I plan to cross on Sunday... in less than 17 hours of course!
Thanks to all my family and friends for their support throughout this crazy and awesome year! It has meant the world to me!

1 comment:

  1. You go Girl! I'm so proud of you. I'll be cheering you on to the finish.

    ReplyDelete