Tuesday, August 31, 2010

It's getting close now!

I can't believe that IRONMAN is right around the corner. It feels like just a few months ago I was signing up. Time sure does fly when you're having fun!

If I were to say I am not freaking out, I'd be lying. We had a fun weekend celebrating Stacy's birthday, which helped to get my mind off the race for awhile, but now that the weekend is over my mind is back ON it, and it's not slowing down anytime soon. I've been making lists, checking them twice, jotting down notes at totally random times as I think of new items I need to pack or bring or buy.

I only have four more days of work before the big race. Next time I am back at work I will hopefully have a new non-IT related 'title'.

Our bib numbers for race day are posted. Mine is:


Hmmm. Those numbers added together equal 17. Which is exactly the amount of hours I HAVE TO finish the race in. Ironic?? I think not. :)

1 comment:

  1. hmmm....Mine added together 2+4+6+6 = 18. Hopefully that's not a bad omen :P

    Enjoy this long weekend...lots of eating and resting. At least that's pretty much my plan. Extra food & extra sleep!

    ReplyDelete