Monday, August 23, 2010

Ironman Wisconsin Encouragement...

Sort of.

I found this fun chart that lists all of the 25 Ironman events and their average finish time. This came from RunTri.com's blog where they give an explanation on how they came up with these numbers, since so many factors come into play at any given Ironman event; weather, altitude, type of course, etc.

I find it amusing that Ironman Wisconsin is nearly the toughest, 2nd to the top, with an average finish time of 13:16. The easiest is Ironman Switzerland with an average finish time of 11:30.

These numbers are interesting, if anything, but they don't mean a whole lot to me. I have the goal to finish under 17 hours to become an official finisher. If I can do that, this entire year will have been worth it.

Our taper started TODAY... we're on the final countdown.

19 days and counting!!

1 comment:

  1. I found that as well. It is interesting. Although I'm not sure how much I buy into it and I think there are a lot of factors other than the course that might change the average finish time. But I agree - anything under 17 is official and that's what counts.

    Enjoy the taper. Some people hate taper, I LOVE it!

    ps - wouldn't a day like today be PERFECT for race day?!?

    ReplyDelete