Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Pants (almost) on the ground?

Man, this has been a good clothes week. My pants are all fitting really well! At this rate... if they don't end up on the ground; maybe I'll need some new smaller pants within the next couple of months!? Not like I have time to go shopping. It would really help me to hire an assistant for this year to take care of all the little stuff I no longer have time for like grocery shopping, cleaning, yard work, etc. My little Ella is too short, and too busy being the cutest thing to walk the earth, to do my chores for me. Here is the adorable little Ella I am referring to.
 
This is week 8 of training and this will be the hardest week yet; 15-17 hours of training this week. Last night was an hour and a half run and it was TOUGH. I'd say it was actually my toughest workout yet, and I can't really explain why. I guess I am just tired. I was sick last week so I think that may have played a role, but last night I couldn't get my body to move any faster. We ran about 1 million stairs and tons of hills. I worked as hard as I could but I could feel it last night and today after the run. My body is just exhausted. The next two nights are 2.5 hours each, so if I can just get through those and make to it to my 'easy' (swim) day which is Friday... then make it through the 4 hours on Saturday... then the 4.5 hours on Sunday... then make it through the next 6 months of training like this... it should be smooth sailing!! :)

Here's to 199 days left, and counting, until THE big day!

2 comments:

  1. 199 days and counting . . . keep up the great work!!!

    I'll send you some info on affordable helpers that can take care of grocery and yard work since Ella looks a little soft, and I can't see her carrying big bags of groceries or lawn clippings around. Keep it up, Ironwoman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. E-mailed you before I read the blog, sorry about the foot, the Dr's operated on my daughter Pattie for the same thing, but that wasen't the problem, now the Mayo won't take her because she has already had an operation on it. She can still play golf, but she has to take a cart, she also has iced it so much that she has very little feeling at all in her foot, so just be careful what you do. We'll both be praying for you. Joe & Viv

    ReplyDelete