Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Breaking 128.

That's 128+ hours! 10 weeks in and I've put in 128.5 hours of training this year!

To put that into perspective, I have been training for 10 weeks, or 70 days. Averaging that out, in 70 days I have trained 1.84 hours EACH day! I am so happy with these numbers, and really only have my awesome Coach to thank and his 'not for wimps' training plan. With each passing week I build more and more confidence in knowing I WILL be able to complete an Ironman in September, and I will be trained exactly how I should be to accomplish that.

To know that I am training, consistently, almost 2 hours per day is amazing. It's only mid-March, we're just getting started! Coach has prepped us with a really good base the last two months and now we will be getting into more strength and stamina through May.

In no time it'll be racing season!

This week is a rejuvenation week. We just completed a 5 week 'build' phase and now we take it very easy for 7 days. Only 8-9 hours total of training this week. To think that 9 hours is a cake walk would not have been my thought back in early January, but now it sure is!

I took this picture right before the swim start of Ironman WI 2009... Ahhh, the good life!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment